I made this this morning. It was pretty good. I tweaked it to make it healthier.
Mango Bread
• 2 cups all-purpose flour [I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour & 1 cup of all purpose flour]
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 sour cream
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar [I used 1 cup of splenda]
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups peeled, seeded and chopped mango
• 1/2 cup pineapple, raisins or banana [I used pineapple]
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts [I used macadamia nuts]
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, beat together the sour cream, milk and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Blend this mixture into the flour mixture; just to combine. Fold in the mango, raisins/pineapple/banana, walnuts; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
3. Let stand for 20 minutes then bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment