Tuesday, November 3, 2009

French Toast Waffles

I'm one of those weird people that likes to read a cookbook like a 'normal' person reads a novel.  The other day, I was going thru one of my favorite cookbooks & found lots of great recipes to cook.

I made these French Toast Waffles & actually froze them so we could enjoy them on a busy morning.  They were very easy to make.

1 cup of pancake/waffles mix (I used whole wheat pancake mix from Trader Joes)
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice would be good too)
1/2 cup cold milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.  Preheat waffle iron.  In large bowl, combine waffle mix, sugar & cinnamon.  Stir in milk, eggs & vanilla.  Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into hot waffle iron.  Cook until golden brown.  Repeat with remaining batter.  Sprinkle powdered sugar & hot syrup. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment