We love Mexican & eat it a lot!! I threw something for dinner last night & used no recipe & didn't measure anything. You could tweak things according to things you have or like.
1 lb. of meat (ground beef, turkey or chicken)
1 pkg. of taco seasoning (I used cumin, chili powder & pepper instead. I didn't measuring any of it.)
1 chopped zucchini (I used a mexican zucchini)
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used a can w/green chilis)
1 can of corn (roasted corn from Trader Joe's would be great though)
1/2 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
approx. 2 cups of tortilla chips
1 cup of low fat cheddar cheese
Cook the meat. Add the taco seasoning/spices with a about 1/4 cup of water. Add zucchini & onions and cook until tender. Add tomatoes, corn & black beans until heated thru about 4 minutes. Add all to pyrex or similar type pan. Top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until top is browned.
No comments:
Post a Comment