Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sweet corn tamale cakes

One of my friends always orders these at Cheesecake Factory.  They are so good so I've been on a quest to find the recipe.  I made them last night & served them with tacos for us.  We then went to a friend's house to hang out with friends and I took more of them.  They were all gobbled up.   Pretty easy too!

1 1/2 cups corn kernels, divided use

1/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth or water
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch salt
heaping 1/2 cup masa harina (look for it in the Mexican section of the grocery store/Walmart, etc.)
1/4 cup flour
In a blender, combine 3/4 cup corn kernels and butter. Process until almost smooth.
Pour into bowl and add remaining ingredients, including remaining 3/4 cup corn kernels. Shape into 12 small patties. Preheat griddle over medium high heat and lightly coat with butter. Cook patties like pancakes, until golden brown on each side.
Serve with avocado, sour cream, and fresh salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment