Thursday, September 10, 2009

One tri tip = 2 meals

Last night, I had a volleyball scrimmage from 3:30 to 6pm so I knew I needed to plan ahead for dinner. 

I threw a tri tip in the crock pot in the early afternoon.  I seasoned the tri tip with garlic powder, salt & peper.  I put a package of onion soup mix & about 2 cups of water in the crockpot too.  Or enough to cover about 80% of the tri tip.  You can also use any type of roast.  I would have also put a can of cream of mushroom soup but I didn't have any.  If you have some red wine, put a little bit (1/4 cup or so) in.  I cooked on low for about 6 hours.  When I took it out it fell apart.  I made baked potatoes & veggies too.  Pretty easy.

Tonight, I'm going to use the leftover tri tip meat for burritos.  We'll heat up some black or refried beans, add in some [garden] tomatoes, cheese, sour cream & avocados.  Yummy!  I love when one meal rolls into the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment