Sunday, September 13, 2009

Healthy pasta primavera

Ok, I'm going to try to eat healthier.  I made this for dinner tonight & we thought it was good.  You could adjust it with a variety of different veggies like I did.

1 Box whole wheat pasta

1 medium can diced tomatoes, reduced salt [I used 1/4 cup of chicken broth instead]
1 small fresh tomatoes thinly sliced
6 medium mini portabella mushrooms thinly sliced  [I didn't have any so I used zucchini & carrots instead]
1 small roasted red pepper diced [I used a mixture of colored peppers]
10 small broccoli flowerettes
1small onion thinly sliced
1 tsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp. dried oregano  [or use Italian seasoning instead of these 4 spices]
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary

1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
parmesan cheese
optional:  grilled chicken

Prepare pasta according to box directions.    As pasta is cooking, heat oil and saute onion, garlic, pepper, tomato, broccoli and mushrooms (or other veggied) until slightly tender. Add canned tomatoes and spices. Bring to gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked. Drain pasta. Serve over pasta.  Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment