Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Banana bread pancakes

Lately, I've been having fun trying new types of pancakes.  These turned out really good.




1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
2 bananas, mashed [ripe ones have lots of flavor]
1 1/2 c. flour  [I used 1c regular & 1/2 c whole wheat]
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. milk [I thought they needed more milk as they were pretty thick.  I added another 1/4 c or so]
optional:  1/4 c of nuts (walnuts or pecans)

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugar. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for 2 minutes. Add the mashed banana until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to the mixing bowl just until combined. By hand, stir in the milk & nuts.
3. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Grease well. Use about 2 T. batter for each pancake.  Cook about 5 -6 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.

4.  Top with butter & syrup and enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment