Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update on dinner tonight...


Is this any indication of how dinner went??? ;)  I wasn't expecting our son to eat the Buffalo Chicken because I thought it would be too spicey for him BUT lately he has to eat everything that we do.  We thought it was great.

This was the easiest dinner I've made in a long time.  I tweaked the recipe after reading a few reviews & glad I did because it would have been too spicey for our son if I used the original recipe.

This is all I did...

I added 4 frozen chicken breasts in a crockpot.  I poured some chicken broth in.  I didn't measure but it was about 14 oz. or so.  One can would be good.  I then added about a cup of buffalo hot sauce.   I cooked on low for 4 hours.

After 4 hours, I pulled out all the chicken and the meat fell apart.  I shredded it all then put it back in the crockpot.  I added 2 tablespoons of butter.  The recipe called for a half a packet of dry ranch salad dressing mix.  I didn't have any so I added about 1/2 cup of ranch dressing instead.  I let it sit for about an hour longer to absorb some of the yummy juices.

Any kind of roll, hoagie, etc. will do.  I used whole wheat Kaiser rolls with Provolone cheese and shredded cheese.  I added some of the sauce to the top & bottom of the buns.

Delish & super easy!!   I also roasted some potatoes too.



Dinner tomorrow night, I'll be using the rest of the leftover chicken for Buffalo Chicken Pizza!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment