This month I'm really trying not to go to the grocery store except for fruit, milk, bread or if something is a super deal. ;) I tweaked the recipe as usual according to what I have on hand. Feel free to add or delete things you like or don't too.
I don't think I'll ever make the usual enchiladas again... rolling each of them up takes sooo much time. I made this the other night. I didn't put it into the crockpot until almost 5pm & we ate by 6:45!! I cooked it on high. We ate it all in one sitting!! :O
Crockpot Enchilada Casserole
1 Large Yellow Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
2 Lbs Lean ground beef or chicken [I only used 1 lb.]
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup [I didn't have any so I used sour cream instead]
1 4-oz can of green chiles [I used 1 can (14 oz?) of green enchilada sauce instead]
12 corn tortillas
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa
1 4oz can black olives (optional)
1/4 cup green onions (optional)
**I also added with the sauted onion & garlic... one zucchini and bell peppers. I also added some roasted corn (from TJs). I topped with avocado, green onions and the sour cream/salsa mix**
Saute the onion, garlic and ground beef in a skillet. Drain the fat and add the taco seasoning. In another bowl combine the mushroom soup and green chiles. Spoon several tablespoons of soup mixture into the bottom of the Crock Pot and spread to cover the bottom. Layer 3 corn tortillas, soup mixture, ground beef, combination of cheeses evenly until all are used. Do not stir. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Combine the sour cream and salsa and use for a topping -this is a must!!! Sprinkle with sour cream/salsa, black olives and green onions to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment