Sunday, August 30, 2009

getting the most out of your chicken

I went to Henry's this morning to take advantage of the boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.88 a lb.

One way I stretch my buck is to cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise.   First, I freeze the breast for about 1/2 hr. so they are easier to cut.  I cut one breast in half & now have 2 pieces.  I individually wrap those 2 pieces and put them all in a double ziploc bag.  I label the bag w/the date and what's in it too.

For about $16 worth of chicken, I now have 10 packages of 2 chicken breasts each.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn
    I just found your blog via The Hunnicuts Blog.
    I LOVE your posts so far, I am a sucker for a deal. I can't wait to read more, thanks for taking the time to share :)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete