I started a small garden a few months ago. I'm growing various tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, basil & zucchini. My tomatoes & basil are doing the best. So I thought I'd try to use them up.
It has been very HOT this week & it was 98 degrees the other night at 6pm. I didn't want to heat up the house anymore than it already was. I wanted to make something easy & "cool." Austin loves pasta, cheese & tomatoes so this dinner was good for all of us.
(I didn't measure any of the ingredients.)
Caprese pasta salad
1/2 lb. capellini or anything small, uncooked
1/2 cup Italian Dressing or anything like that
3 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes (I used yellow & red tomatoes from my garden)
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I cut 2 string cheese sticks & some Parmesan cheese)
1/3 cup fresh basil, finely sliced
options: you could add chicken, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes or cucumbers too
COOK pasta as directed on package.
DRAIN pasta. Add to tomatoes, dressing & sprinkle with cheese and basil.
No comments:
Post a Comment