I made Spaghetti Squash Pasta last night and both my husband and son thought it was pasta!!! ;) Little did they know that I tricked them with a veggie.
I found a huge spaghetti squash at Trader Joe's for $2!!! You slice in in half then scoop out the seeds and the guts and you are ready to go. You can roast it in the oven or the microwave. I tried the microwave and it was very fast & excellent!
Place the cleaned out squash cut side down on a plate and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the skin slightly pulls from the squash.
While the squash is cooking, I made the spaghetti sauce. You can use jarred sauce or a combination of canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. You can add ground beef, turkey, veggies, garlic, spices, etc. Whatever you like on your 'normal' spaghetti.
Once the squash is done, bring it out of the oven/microwave and let it sit a couple of minutes. Then take a fork and pull/shred the squash. It will come off looking like pasta. Continue until all the squash is done. I added a little bit (2 tablespoons) of butter to the shredded squash. You don't have to do that.
Put the squash on the bottom of a plate then add the spaghetti sauce. Top of cheese and you are ready to eat. :) You could serve with garlic bread or a salad. Enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment