Monday, November 29, 2010

A few of the treats I made recently

I thought these Mac & Cheese Muffins were amazing.  I'm a sucker for mac & cheese and these are a bit healthy with pureed butternut squash.   I'm also a sucker for butternut squash.

Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole... this was amazing!!!!  It was more like a dessert.  The first reviewer had a few suggestions so I used those.  I substituted evaporated milk for regular milk.  Doubled the amount of sweet potatoes, only used 1/4 cup of sugar (I used agave), double the vanilla up to 1 tsp.  I added 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of both ground clove and ground nutmeg.   Another big key to this is doubling the topping which is the best part ;) 

Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars... yummmmmy!  Big hit on Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Walnut Biscuits... these were very good.  Something a little different and a good way to use up the leftover pumpkin from the cheesecake bars.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole... delish!!!  I made this for dinner last week.  You could use any breakfast meat you'd like.  Any type of cheese, etc.  Very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment