I made pizza in a crockpot for the first time tonight.
Super easy and very flexible.
Crockpot pizza
1 pound ground meat [I omitted]
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (You could substitute one jar of spaghetti sauce for the 2 cans of tomatoes)
*[I added lots of veggies here... yellow & red peppers, mushrooms, minced carrots & zucchini]
*[I added lots of veggies here... yellow & red peppers, mushrooms, minced carrots & zucchini]
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
any pizza toppings you like: pepperoni slices, sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
Spray a 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. If you have a larger crockpot, it'll cook faster in it.
In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and garlic on the stove. [I added the vegetables in at this stage] Drain fat, and add tomato sauce and tomatoes (or spaghetti sauce) and oregano. Cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat and put into the slow cooker.
In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the pizza crust: flour, milk, eggs, and cheese. Pour evenly over the top. Put pepperoni slices and any other pizza toppings on top of the pizza crust.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until the topping has turned golden brown, puffed up, and pulled away from the sides.
Enjoy!!!
This looks sooooo good! Love your shares! Thanks, Dawn!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds great!
ReplyDelete