Sunday, February 7, 2010

Easy dinner ideas

We love vokda sauce.  I've never made it from scratch but I've made this cheater vodka sauce a few times.  Super easy.

Take any jarred spaghetti sauce and a block/brick of cream cheese.   I like to use the light cream cheese.  Put them both in a sauce pan on medium low & wait for the cream cheese to melt.   Serve over your favorite pasta.  That's it!  Super easy, quick & good!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to make a chimichanga [fried burrito] for dinner last week but didn't want the calories with frying it.  I used flour tortillas.  You could fill with anything you like chicken, beef, beans, rice, corn, cheese, etc.  Fold the tortilla up like a burrito.  Spray both sides with cooking spray (like Pam).   Cook on medium low in a frying pan until both sides are slightly brown.  Top with sour cream, guacamole, avocado, salsa, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment