Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sweet Potato Muffins with cinnamon sugar coating

I made these this afternoon.  They were unique & delish!  The sweet potatoes at my store were white instead of orangish.  It tasted the same just wasn't the pretty orange color I expected.  My son ate 6 mini ones after his dinner & my husband raved about them too.



-I made a few slight tweaks to the recipe. 

*If you don't have buttermilk, don't fret.  You just make you're own. ;)   In place of the 1/3 cup of buttermilk, use 1/3 cup of milk and add either a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice.  Let sit for a couple of minutes.  You'll still add another 1/3 cup of milk that the recipe calls for too.

*I peeled then microwaved one sweet potato to get the puree.  You could probably steam it too.  I cut it up and put into a food processor until it was smooth.   I used the entire sweet potato even though it was more than the 1/2 cup it called for.

*For the topping, I only used about 3 tablespoons of butter.  You don't need an entire stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment