Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pizza in the crockpot!

This is my second time making this Crockpot pizza.  It was much better tonight.  We ate almost the entire thing!!

If you want to follow the recipe exactly go here

Here's my condensed recipe here.  I can never follow a recipe as it's written. : /

-Spray crockpot with a non-stick cooking spray.

-Next is the sauce... I used 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can of tomatoes and added some Italian seasonings.  You could use 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce and some water.  You could add sauteed onions, veggies, herbs, garlic or anything else to the tomatoes.  Pour this into the bottom.

-Next is the dough... 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I added some Italian cheese too).   Mix all together and pour on top of the tomatoes.

-Last is the topping.   Tonight I used turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage and mushrooms.  You could do all veggies, or pepperoni & pineapple or whatever you like on your pizza.  Put on top of the dough.

*I sprinkled a bit more cheese and Italian seasoning on top of the topping.  Optional but everything is better with cheese ;)

I cooked for 1 hour on high and 2 hours on low.   It would probably do well on low for 3-4 hours too.



Getting ready to be cooked.  No after picture as I wasn't home.

No comments:

Post a Comment