Monday, December 21, 2009

No recipe Mexican Pizza

We had tacos the other night so I had some leftover taco meat & beans that I wanted to use up.   I had some whole wheat pizza dough for Trader Joes too so I thought I'd throw a Mexican pizza together.  You could even use the pizza dough in the tube from the grocery store but I find that more spendy than TJs.   You could also use a burrito size tortilla.

I like to cook the dough first before putting any toppings on.  I usually cook for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees.

As the sauce you could use any kind of salsa.  I used roasted tomatoes (drained so it wasn't too wet).   I then sprinkled the (leftover) taco meat & some black beans over the top of the salsa/tomatoes.  You could use refried beans too.   I then added some roasted corn from TJs.   You could use canned/frozen corn too.  [Note: if you use a frozen corn, cook the corn a little bit before putting it on your pizza.]

You can add anything else you might like... black olives, green onions, cilantro, etc. I then topped with Mexican cheese or you could use cheddar cheese.  

Cook again for 8-12 minutes or until the top is slightly browned & bubbling.   I added sliced avocado & sour cream on top when it was done.

We gobbled most of it all up :)  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious! I love that TJ's pizza crust... so many uses!

    ReplyDelete