I made this for dinner last night. It was easy & I'll be making it again soon. You can make this in a crockpot but I just made in on the stove. I let it sit on the stove for about 1 hour & it was delish.
2 cups sliced carrots [I cut up about two dozen baby carrots]
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14 oz.) cans vegetable broth [I used chicken broth]
2 (14 oz.) cans Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tsp. dried basil leaves [I used Italian herbs instead]
1/8 tsp. pepper
Half of a large bag of frozen mini meatballs [I made my own because I didn't have any premade]
9 oz. package frozen cheese tortellini
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients except tortellini and Parmesan cheese in 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours until carrots are tender. Increase heat to high and stir in tortellini. Cover crockpot and cook for 15-20 minutes until tortellini are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment