Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday recipes

Here are a few of the things that I cooked in the past couple of days. 

--Chili Relleno Casserole
Yield: Serves 8

* 4 eggs   [I used 6 eggs]
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 7-ounce cans whole green chilies, split open  [I used one small can of diced green chilis]
* 4 cups shredded cheddar   [I only used 2 cups]
* 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack   [I only used 2 cups]

Lightly grease glass baking dish. Beat first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Arrange chilies from 1 can in prepared dish, covering bottom completely. Sprinkle with 1/3 of each cheese. Repeat layering twice. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Let stand 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake until casserole is slightly puffed in center and golden brown on edges, about 45 minutes. Cool 20 minutes and serve.
 
--Brie Cherry Pastry Cups [I've made these before but yesterday I tried raspberry jam instead.]

--Cornbread Stuffing     [I used chopped apples instead of the cherries]

--Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes  [these were good]

--Zinfandel Cranberry Sauce   This was different from your usual cranberry sauce & was delish.

--Eggnog Cookie Cups     My husband raved about these :)  The cup were a little difficult to get out of the muffin cups but they were a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment