Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sierra Nevada Beef Stew

One day last week, my husband emailed me a recipe for a beef stew.   I couldn't help but laugh that he was sending me a recipe. Little did I know at the time that it included his favorite beer.  I knew there was a reason. ;)
The meat was very tender and we thought it was very good!



Here's the recipe that I tweaked a bit.  Reduce onions if they aren't your favorite.  I love them so I used 1 onion.

Sierra Nevada Beef Stew

1 tbsp. oil
2 lb stew meat
3/4 lb. mushrooms [I used 2 cartons of sliced mushrooms]
3 tbsp. flour
1 cup Bigfoot Sierra Nevada [I used their Celebration Ale]
1 cup beef broth
4 carrots [I used a couple handfuls of baby carrots]
1 sliced onion
2 potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
4 cloves garlic [minced or grate right into the pot]
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. salt  [I didn't use b/c broth is pretty salty]
1 tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf

Brown beef in oil. Cook mushrooms & flour-stir until thick, add beer and broth and boil. Move to slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Discard bay leaf before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment