Thursday, August 12, 2010

New recipes...

I didn't take any pictures but these were big hits at our house. Hope you enjoy them!!

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf... Crockpot meal.  Something a little different with great flavors

Zucchini cakes... what kid doesn't like a cake??? You don't need to tell them there are veggies in it. ;) we dipped them in ranch dressing.  Yummmmmmmy!

Beef Stroganoff... I omitted the Dijon. Very good!!  I made it in the crockpot.

Crockpot Lasagna... making this tonight.  smells delish!

Tamale Pie....

1.5 lb ground beef, turkey or chicken

2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ground cumin
20-22 oz. of diced tomatoes
1 can of corn [you can also use frozen corn. I used roasted corn from Trader Joes]
1 small can of sliced black olives (optional)
1 box cornbread mix  (Prepare per instructions on box)

other options:
-diced zucchini
-diced green chilis

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Brown meat w/garlic and cumin in large skillet. Add tomatoes, corn & olives and heat through. Transfer mixture to a 9x13 dish. Top with prepared cornbread mix and bake for 25-35 minutes, until cornbread is slightly brown.

Optional... top with sour cream and avocados :)

No comments:

Post a Comment